This is a super healthy way to add extra flavor and punch to any meat or chicken dish. This is so good when the butter melts and lets all of the delicious herbs and spices loose to cover your meal with a wonderful flavor treat. You can experiment with other herb combinations to fit your taste. Be bold and let me know what you like!
- 1 cup whole grass fed butter, melted
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- Shallot – 1 minced
- Dijon Mustard – 2 Tbls
- Horseradish (prepared) – 1 Tbls
- Cayenne pepper – pinch
- Paprika – 1/4 tsp (smoked or sweet paprika are both great. I like smoked!)
- Parsley, fresh – 2 Tbls, chopped
- Chives, fresh – 1 Tbls, chopped
- Thyme, fresh is best – 2 tsp, minced
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- In a small bowl, combine butter, lemon juice, garlic, shallot, mustard, horseradish, cayenne, and paprika. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in parsley, chives and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- ******You have a couple choices here! You can leave it as is and use it to pour over your grilled meats like steak or chicken, or as a dipping sauce. OR…..put the butter in the refrigerator and let it get firm but not solid. Firm enough so you can handle it without it being runny. Put the butter on plastic wrap and form into a log. Roll it up it the plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator to fully firm. When you are ready to use, slice the butter in quarter inch slices and lay it on top of your meat. Soooooooo Goooooood!!!!!!
- As my friend and fellow cook Kelly and I say “Butter with every bite!”