This is a super quick, easy, and most of all healthy Mayo that is sure to please. It has a rich, deep and creamy flavor because we only use the best and freshest ingredients! Mayo is the base for a lot of other sauces and popular spreads like Aioli. Add this to your Tuna salad or mix it with your favorite hot sauce or herbs for a great dip. ***One of my favorites is to mix it in the Salmon Salad you can find in the recipe section!
- 1 Egg – I only use Green Pastures Eggs, they are the best and available at the clinic
- 1 1/4 Cups Olive Oil ***Do Not Use Extra Virgin, I use the Lighter Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbl Fresh Lemon Juice
- Combine the Egg, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, 1/2 tsp. ground mustard and 1/2 tsp salt in the food processor.
- Process for about 30 seconds. The contents will be watery and thin.
- Turn on the processor again and GO SLOWLY adding 1 cup of oil while the processor is going. Slowly drizzling the oil in the mixture until incorporated. About 60-90 seconds.
- Add the Lemon Juice and briefly turn on processor for 5-10 seconds. At this point you can add more lemon juice and some Dijon Mustard to taste. Process for 5-10 seconds to combine.
***If you would like to make Aioli, add garlic in the first step. It is to taste and it doesn’t take much. I use 1-2 cloves depending on this size, just to give it a nice flavor. Enjoy!