This is a true super food that is super delicious in just 15 minutes. Give it a try! Beet greens, minced garlic and freshly squeezed lemon juice are combined and cooked until tender. Once tender these greens are tossed with a touch of butter and seasoned to perfection for a delicious side dish.
- 1 bundle beet greens
- 1 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- 2 tsp butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash beet greens and separate stems from leaves.
- Cut stems into 1″ pieces. Chop leaves into pieces.
- Place stems in a large pan with 1 cup of water. Cover and simmer 4-7 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain. Add garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon over the greens. Sautee 2-3 minutes or until greens are wilted.
- Remove from heat, stir in butter and additional salt & pepper to taste. Serve warm.