Ingredients for the Salad
5 oz. green mix of baby kale, spinach, and chard (or any mix of your choice)
1 cup fresh blueberries
¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
Ingredients for the Dressing
1 large lemon (zested and squeezed to get 1 teaspoon lemon zest and 2 Tbsp lemon juice)
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon mustard (no sugar added)
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Put greens in a salad spinner and soak in very cold water for 5 minutes to crisp the greens.
2. While greens soak, measure 1 cup blueberries, removing any that are soft.
3. Zest the lemon, then squeeze the juice to get 1 teaspoon zest and 2 Tbsp juice; then whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
4. Toast the almonds in a dry pan over high heat until they barely start to get some color, about a minute or so.
5. Spin the greens until they are very dry or pat dry with paper towels.
6. Put greens into a salad bowl and toss with desired amount of dressing.
7. Divide greens between two salad bowls, place half the blueberries and half of the almonds in each and toss gently.
8. Serve right away!
Inspired by Kalyn’s Kitchen