1 lb. fresh salmon
2 Tbsp. avocado oil
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
Ghee or avocado oil for sautéing and frying
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. blanched almond flour
1 teaspoon seafood seasoning like Primal Palate
3 Tbsp. Paleo mayo, either homemade or store-bought
2 teaspoon coconut aminos
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 large eggs, whisked
¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
Sea salt and black pepper
½ cup Paleo mayo, either homemade or store-bought
3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the salmon skin-side down, drizzle with oil, season liberally with sea salt and black pepper. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1-2 tablespoons of ghee. Cook the onions until translucent, about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook, stirring until soft, about 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, flake the salmon with a fork, discarding the skin. Add the sautéed onion, garlic, almond flour, seafood seasoning, mayo, whisked eggs, coconut aminos, mustard, parsley, and a generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Stir well to combine. Using slightly wet hands will help you form patties without the mixture sticking too much. Form the mixture into a total of 10-12 patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add enough avocado oil or ghee to cover the bottom, approximately 2-3 tablespoons. Once the oil is sizzling, add half of the salmon cakes to the skillet and fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from pan and place on a clean plate.
- Repeat with the second batch of patties the same as the first, adjusting the heat as needed to avoid browning the outside too much. You want a deep golden-brown crust.
- While salmon patties are finishing up, prepare aioli sauce. Whisk together the mayo, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- To serve, drizzle aioli on salmon cakes, or dip and enjoy!
Inspired by https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/salmon-cakes-paleo-whole30-keto/