15 oz. cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cumin (optional)
1. If using canned beans, drain and rinse before making hummus.
2. In a food processor, combine all ingredients.
3. Pulse until smooth. Depending on the firmness of the beans/your food processor, you may need to add 1-2 Tbsp water to thin.
4. Important note: If you’re using canned beans with salt, you may want to cut back on the salt in the recipe.
5. Serve with cut veggies or gluten-free pita bread. Enjoy!
Inspired by: The Clean Eating Couple