This dressing (totally keto) may be made using a food processor or stick blender. I like to call it the outboard motor. It is a blender that is shaped like a wand with a handle on one end and a covered blade on the other. It makes it very easy to mix and blend right in the glass container! Note: the ratio should always be 1 egg to 1 cup of oil.
- 1 Egg (get the really good free range eggs, they make ALL the difference. I have them at my clinic)
- 1 oz. Shallots, fresh, minced
- 1 oz. Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- Pinch White Pepper
- Pinch Stevia
- 1 cup Peanut Oil or Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
DIRECTIONS & PREPARATIONS
- Combine egg yolk, shallots, and mustard in a stainless bowl.
- Whip until yolk mixture is frothy.
- Add cream, salt, pepper, and stevia, whip to blend well.
- While whipping, add the oil very slowly, and blend until thickened.
- Add the red wine vinegar to finish flavoring the dressing and emulsify. (blend thoroughly)
Makes 4 Servings.