1 ½ lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail on
12 oz. package of andouille sausage
2 Tbsp avocado oil
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon thyme
Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Oil the grates to prevent from sticking.
3. Wash and pat the shrimp dry. Count the number of shrimp you have, and slice the sausage into equal number of pieces.
4. Add shrimp and sausage into a large bowl and toss with avocado oil.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the spices, except parsley.
6. Sprinkle the meats with the spice blend and toss to coat evenly.
7. Thread shrimp and sausage onto skewers, tucking the sausage slices in the inner curve of the shrimp.
8. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side, until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
9. Sprinkle with parsley flakes before serving.
Inspired by What Great Grandma Ate