4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Salt and black pepper, to taste
⅓ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
4 T. butter, divided
4 T. olive oil, divided
½ cup chicken stock or dry white wine
2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 T. shallots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. drained capers
2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- Place each chicken breast between two layers of plastic wrap and lightly pound to ¼ – inch thickness. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place all-purpose flour in a shallow dish and dip chicken breasts into flour to coat; shake off excess.
- Heat 2 T. butter and 2 T. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the skillet (in batches if necessary), and cook until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
- To make the piccata sauce, add remaining 2 T. olive oil, chicken stock (or white wine), lemon juice, shallots, and minced garlic to the skillet. Bring to boil and continue cooking until the sauce thickens slightly about 2 minutes. Stir in capers and the remaining 2 T. butter.
- Plate the chicken and pour the lemon piccata sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
Inspired by deliciousmeetshealthy.com