This is absolutely the best sauce ever! It is particularly excellent with Salmon but, would taste great on anything! Super easy and can be made ahead and stored ion the fridge for a few days. I even like it drizzled over vegetables! This is outstanding and I must thank Chef Richard McPeake for teaching me this recipe.
This yields 1 cup.
- 4 ounces white wine (Fume’ Blanc or Chardonnay)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces grass fed butter, cut in cubes, cold
- 1/2 avocado, mashed smooth
- Sea Salt and fresh Black Pepper to taste
- Place wine, vinegar and shallots in a 1 quart size sauce pan. Place on range, bring to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer to reduce until the liquid BARELY covers the shallots.
- After the reduction is complete, add the cream and reduce again until the cream is LIGHTLY thickened and very SHINY.
- Whisk the butter into the reduction, a few pieces at a time, beating constantly, stirring back-and-forth until all the butter has been incorporated.
- REMOVE from the heat and whip in the avocado pulp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in a glass or ceramic and keep it warm until you are ready to serve.