These are awesome, easy snacks and a great dessert. The secret behind these delicious brownies is a nutritional superfood powerhouse........Sweet Potatoes!
Preparation & Directions
1. Heat and Schmear. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Schmear baking pan (8x8) with coconut oil.
2. Cook Potatoes. Cover sweet potatoes with water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Cover and turn off heat. Let stand 12 minutes. Mash and use 1 cup of sweet potatoes. Let cool before mixing in.
3. Mix. Whisk (or electric mixer) together the eggs, syrup, and coconut oil (wet ingredients) until well combined.
4. Combine and mix. In a separate bowl, combine almond meal, cacao powder, and baking powder (dry ingredients). Combine into the wet ingredients. Fold in the sweet potato. You can add pecans, walnuts or almonds at this point if you like.
5. Pour and Bake. Pour brownie batter into baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Recipes to enhance your health & keep you looking & feeling your best.