Brussels Sprouts are one of Dr. Don's super foods. Be sure to eat them regularly as they have many health benefits. Pick them uniform in size and firm, compact and vivid green. NOT soft or yellow. Keep unwashed and untrimmed in coldest part of your refrigerator. *****If you want to store and freeze them for later, steam them for 3-5 minutes first. Then freeze them, they will keep for a year. When perfectly cooked Brussels Sprouts have a crisp, dense texture and a slightly sweet, bright, and "green" taste. This is one of my VERY favorite recipes. It is sure to please even the most stubborn eater.
Preparation & directions
1. Combine. In a skillet on medium heat, combine vinegar, honey, and stock with a whisk.
2. Stir and boil. Stir in bay leaf, onion, bell pepper, mustard seed, and turmeric, stir and bring to a boil.
3. Prepare. Trim Brussels sprouts and halve them.
4. Add and season. Add to stock mixture and season with celery salt and pepper.
5. Finish cooking. Cover and reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes more. The liquid should reduce down to give you a smooth sauce with a velvet texture.
Recipes to enhance your health & keep you looking & feeling your best.