Preparation & Directions
1. Preheat. Preheat oven to 500°F/260°C.
2. Combine. Mix together the butter, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl until evenly combined.
3. Rub. Rub the herb butter all over the rib roast, then place on a roasting tray with a rack.
4. Bake. Bake for 5 minutes per pound of meat — so a 5-pound roast would bake for 25 minutes and a 7-pound roast would bake for 35 minutes.
5. Finish meat. Turn off the heat and let the rib roast sit in the oven for 2 hours, making sure you do not open the oven door or else the residual heat will escape.
6. Prepare sauce. Once the 2 hours are up, remove the roast from the pan and pour the pan drippings into a saucepan over medium heat.
7. Thicken sauce. Whisking add the beef stock, stirring and bringing the sauce to a boil. Reduce the sauce by 1/3 to 1/2. Pour over the meat.
8. Strain. Remove from heat and strain the sauce into a gravy dish.
9. Carve and enjoy. Carve the prime rib into ¾-inch slices, then serve with the mashed potatoes, green beans, and sauce!
Recipes to enhance your health & keep you looking & feeling your best.