For the Spice Mixture:
DIRECTIONS & PREPARATIONS
This is an outstanding tea that can be enjoyed warm or cool. I like to make more than I need and put the rest in the refrigerator for later. This is great to serve a lot of people. Experiment with other interesting ingredients like Cayenne, Clove, Cumin, Coriander, Vanilla, and Lemon Peel to add other interesting and healthy flavors to your tea.
Preparation & Directions
1. Make Your Base. Bring the water to a boil. Add Turmeric and Black Peppercorns. Stir and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Strain. Strain your tea through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth.
3. Complete your tea! Add Honey and stir to dissolve. Squeeze in Lemon (this is really neat because it will change color due to the acids) you can use more lemon if you like. Add in Coconut Milk, stir and enjoy.
If you do not want to add Coconut Milk, add Coconut Oil and stir to dissolve. It is very important to get one of those in your tea to help the Turmeric get absorbed and work it's healing magic.
Mix up the ratio and ingredient amounts to your taste. Add other interesting flavors and experiment.
Preparations & Directions
1. Make a Paste. Use a small bowl and combine Water and Turmeric to form a paste. I like the paste thick so when it dissolves it has a very intense turmeric flavor. What you don't use keep in a sealed jar for another time.
2. Heat & Combine. Heat some Coconut Milk in a sauce pan until warm. Add in the Cinnamon, Coconut Oil, Turmeric Paste (about 1 tsp.), Ginger, and Peppercorns. Stir to combine, increase heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Strain, Top & Enjoy. Strain your tea through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth to get the particles out. Top with some cinnamon or fresh grated nutmeg. Enjoy!
Brussels Sprouts are one of Dr. Don's super foods. Be sure to eat them regularly as they have many health benefits. Pick them uniform in size and firm, compact and vivid green. NOT soft or yellow. Keep unwashed and untrimmed in coldest part of your refrigerator. *****If you want to store and freeze them for later, steam them for 3-5 minutes first. Then freeze them, they will keep for a year. When perfectly cooked Brussels Sprouts have a crisp, dense texture and a slightly sweet, bright, and "green" taste. This is one of my VERY favorite recipes. It is sure to please even the most stubborn eater.
Preparation & directions
1. Combine. In a skillet on medium heat, combine vinegar, honey, and stock with a whisk.
2. Stir and boil. Stir in bay leaf, onion, bell pepper, mustard seed, and turmeric, stir and bring to a boil.
3. Prepare. Trim Brussels sprouts and halve them.
4. Add and season. Add to stock mixture and season with celery salt and pepper.
5. Finish cooking. Cover and reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes more. The liquid should reduce down to give you a smooth sauce with a velvet texture.
Recipes to enhance your health & keep you looking & feeling your best.