*If you would like to make Aioli just add a couple cloves of garlic to the mixture before you blend. Viola, Aioli!
directions and preparations
Combine all ingredients in a container with a lid. Shake until combined. Or, combine all ingredients in a food processor and mix thoroughly.
There are many variations of Mayonnaise but this is the foundation. It is a variation from Alice Waters, a pioneer in the farmers' market, fresh, organic, farm to fork style of cooking. This as all of the ingredients you should be using, should be of the highest quality. Believe me it is the food that makes the difference, not the recipe. You make many more types of mayonnaise and I will refer to this foundational recipe often. If you want to now more and learn more about cooking with quality ingredients and getting the flavors you want without all the added processed stuff, I highly recommend getting her book "The Art of Simple Food". This is the binder for chicken salad, tuna salad, and egg salad. And a base for dips, other dressings, tartar sauce as well as for use on meats, fish, and vegetables.
Preparations and Directions
1. Put it together. In a mixing bowl add the salt, egg yolk and water and mix well with a whisk.
2. Whisk and add. S-l-o-w-l-y dribble the oil into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. As the egg yolk absorbs the oil, the sauce will thicken, lighten in color, and become opaque. You won't be able to see through it. This will happen rather quickly. Then you can add the oil a little faster, whisking all the while.
3. Finish. Finish your mayonnaise with a touch of lemon juice or vinegar. Whisk in and you have mayonnaise! Adjust to how you like the flavor and enjoy.
If the sauce is thicker than you like, thin it with a few drops of water. Taste and add more salt if desired.
Rule of Thumb: 1 egg yolk = 1 cup olive oil
Chimichurri sauce is an awesome, all purpose sauce that adds flavor, freshness and variety to all kinds of meat. This is super nutritious and super delicious and super easy! It has all the components of a powerhouse food. The combination of fresh herbs, garlic and oil make this one of my favorite sauces. I really enjoy this on Flank Steak (or any meat), Lamb chops, grilled chicken and fish, and vegetable kabobs. Even, Sweet Potato fries! Be creative, this is a great tasting sauce.
Preparation and Directions
Serve with grilled meats, like steak or chicken, for dipping. It also tastes delish with vegetables!
Preparation & Directions
1. Combine. In a small bowl, combine butter, lemon juice, garlic, shallot, mustard, horseradish, cayenne, and paprika. Whisk to combine.
2. Stir and finish. Stir in parsley, chives and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
3. Also, put the butter in the freezer for a few minutes so it will slightly harden. Spread a piece of plastic wrap on the cutting board. Place the butter on the plastic and form into a log shape. Use the plastic to roll the butter into the log shape. Form as you like and put it the fridge for later use!
Recipes to enhance your health & keep you looking & feeling your best.