DIRECTIONS & PREPARATIONS
What could be better than Salmon and Brussels Sprouts???? This is AWESOME!!!!!
Preparation & Directions
1. Preheat. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Combine and roast. Mince 2 garlic cloves and combine in a small bowl with oil, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Halve the remaining garlic and toss with Brussels sprouts and 3 tablespoons of the seasoned oil in a large roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, for 15-20 minutes.
3. Bake salmon. Add wine to the remaining oil mixture. Remove the pan from oven, stir the vegetables and place salmon on top. Drizzle with the wine mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges.
**To get the crust like I did in the picture, I cooked the Salmon in a hot pan with some oil for about 1 minute on high heat then put it in the oven.
This is a terrific way to eat your salad and veggies! I like eating this as soon as the vegetables come out of the oven. I also like a little more lime juice and garlic!!! Mmmmmmm
Preparation & Directions
1. Preheat. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C
2. Combine. In a large bowl, mix the butternut squash, bell pepper, Brussels sprouts, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil until the veggies are evenly coated.
3. Roast. Pour the vegetables onto a baking sheet in one even layer and roast for 40 minutes.
4. Dressing Preparation. To make the dressing, place the avocado, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is light and creamy.
5. Assemble and serve. To assemble the salad, place a handful of mixed greens on a plate and top with the roasted veggies. Spoon on the Avocado Dressing and serve!
Brussels Sprouts are one of Dr. Don's super foods. Be sure to eat them regularly as they have many health benefits. Pick them uniform in size and firm, compact and vivid green. NOT soft or yellow. Keep unwashed and untrimmed in coldest part of your refrigerator. *****If you want to store and freeze them for later, steam them for 3-5 minutes first. Then freeze them, they will keep for a year. When perfectly cooked Brussels Sprouts have a crisp, dense texture and a slightly sweet, bright, and "green" taste. This is one of my VERY favorite recipes. It is sure to please even the most stubborn eater.
Preparation & directions
1. Combine. In a skillet on medium heat, combine vinegar, honey, and stock with a whisk.
2. Stir and boil. Stir in bay leaf, onion, bell pepper, mustard seed, and turmeric, stir and bring to a boil.
3. Prepare. Trim Brussels sprouts and halve them.
4. Add and season. Add to stock mixture and season with celery salt and pepper.
5. Finish cooking. Cover and reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes more. The liquid should reduce down to give you a smooth sauce with a velvet texture.
Recipes to enhance your health & keep you looking & feeling your best.